We aim to cater for the needs of our visitors to the Hare & Hounds, bar, restaurant and accommodation.
The following statement is a summary of our provisions. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
- If you have any special requirements it is useful if these can be specified when booking to ensure any preparations can be discussed in advance.
- Specific food requests, allergies or request can be arranged in advance, please state any dietary requirements when booking.
- Information brochures and menus can also be provided in large print by prior arrangement.
- We have a website with information accessible to most internet readers.
- You can contact us via phone, text or email, full details are shown below.
Arrival, Parking and Entrance Facilities
- There are bus stops directly outside the premises with a service running Monday to Saturday between Braintree and Halstead.
- The main Braintree train station is 10 minutes away by car or taxi.
- There are local taxi services that have accessible taxis if required; we can make a booking for you, please ask when booking.
Parking and Entrance
- The Hare & Hounds is easily found and accessed being situated on the A131.
- On Arrival to The Hare & Hounds there is a large car park open at all times.
- Parking towards the rear of the property provides easier disabled access to the property.
- The outside areas are generally level and flat, although there is some gravel to the rear.
- The main front entrance has three steps to enter and cannot easily be used for disabled access.
- The rear entrance has one step to enter and a temporary ramp is available for this entrance on request
- We will assist guests with any luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Both front and rear entrances are publicly open according to our opening areas.
- When the bar and restaurant is closed entrance is to the rear of the property.
- The rear doors are 80cm and 150cm wide respectively.
- The front entrance has a porch before entering the main bar. The rear entrances have a small hallway or a corridor before access is possible to the main restaurant area.
- There are solid wooden or tiled floors throughout much of the ground floor, with carpet in the restaurant areas.
Public Areas – General Internal
- Our corridors to the bar area are around 85cm wide. Motorised chairs can be more problematic in navigating the property due to their extra size and weight.
- Corridors have a good colour contrast and are well lit with emergency lighting.
- The flooring on all corridors on the ground floor are solid floors.
- The covering on stairs and upstairs corridors is short pile carpet.
- A dog water bowl, food bowls (and food if requested in advance) are available if required.
- The breakfast room is on the ground floor in the back restaurant area, one step up from the main hallway.
Public Areas – Toilets
- There is no specific disabled toilet or disabled equipped cubicle. Both gents and ladies facilities are located on the ground floor from the rear corridor.
Restaurant / Dining Room Bar
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Tables vary, but range with a space of up to 70cm high by 150cm wide. All chairs are without arms and can be moved to accommodate.
- Menus can be provided in larger print by prior arrangement.
- Background music is played in the public bar and restaurant areas. However, we do not play background music in any area of the B&B.
- There are 5 en suite bedrooms, all are located on the first floor. All rooms are accessed via a staircase.
We regret that as the Hare & Hounds is more than 200 years old, guests requiring full wheelchair access cannot be accommodated.
This is for access and health & safety reasons.
Unfortunately, the design of the building does not allow any space for the provision of a lift or a dedicated and accessible bedroom.
Grounds & Gardens
- We have a small garden and lawn for any guests which are available to sit in. Dogs must be kept on a leash as access to the car park and road is possible from the garden.
- There are local parks, fields and lakes a short drive away 300 metres walk from the accommodation where dogs can get more exercise.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed in public areas, but no pets are allowed in the letting accommodation for severe allergy reasons.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good.
- We are able to use the front and back doors in the need of evacuation, smoke alarms are fitted throughout and ring continuously if evacuation is needed.
- If you require more assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you are evacuated safely e.g. hearing impairment.
- We are a no smoking building throughout. Smoking is only allowed in the open garden areas and ashtrays are provided.
- If any food or medication requires refrigeration, please ask and these can be stored in our main fridge on request.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please
phone 01376 325 436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org